East Coast Sailing Days & Sailing Experiences
East Coast Sailing Location - Woolverstone Marina, IP9 1AS
Our Suffolk East Coast sailing base at Woolverstone, Ipswich IP9 1AS has ample free parking and is a short drive away from Ipswich, making it easily accessible from East Anglia. With instant access to the picturesque River Orwell and being only an hour to the open sea, Woolverstone Marina is a superb location for our East coast sailing days and events!
East Coast Yacht Charter Aboard Serena, our 40ft Sailing Yacht
Serena, is our Beneteau Oceanis 393. Licensed for 10 persons for day sailing, she sleeps 7 people comfortably in 3 double cabins. She is in great condition and has an extensive inventory, including central heating; 2 toilets (heads); chart plotter; cooker and fridge, providing all your home comforts.
East Coast Sailing Day Sample Itinerary
Arrive 9:00 for coffee, Danish pastries and a safety brief. Meet the team and prepare for departure.
Enjoy a morning sail and become familiar with the yacht as we head to sea.
Sail along the scenic River Orwell with its rolling fields and tree lined banks.
Get involved with the sail handling, helming and navigation or relax and enjoy the views of the beautiful East Coast.
Pass Felixstowe docks; moorings for the largest ships in the world and, the historic port of Harwich.
Continue out through the sandbanks, coastal cruising along the Suffolk or Essex coast.
Time for Lunch - Have a buffet at anchor or choose from a variety of options ashore or alternatively, ‘eat on the move’ and get more ‘miles under the keel.’
Continue your East Coast sailing day venturing either further along the coast or, head to the river Stour nature reserve.
We aim to have you back at Woolverstone Marina for approximately 17:30hrs, ready for departure home.
Why Choose a Tailored Solent Yacht Charter?
- Team building sailing with underpinning theory and feedback.
- Larger groups of up to 55 guests can be accommodated.
- Informal racing between crews.
- Racing in local (or not so local) regattas.
- The infamous treasure hunt, incorporating some ‘additional’ sailing tasks.
- Extend your ‘escape’, with overnight stays either aboard or, utilising accommodation ashore.
- Anchor for a picnic and a swim
- Use powerboats and fast RIBS for an added dimension
- Deluxe marina bar breakfasts; lunch ashore; bubbly; Pimms and fine foods aboard
- Stay aboard overnight and enjoy a relaxing evening and perhaps a few beers, prior to your sail.
- Combine with shore facilities and events such as the Latitude music festival, Ipswich Maritime festival and more!
|Sailing experience:||None required on this cruise.|
|Meals:||All aboard are included. Meals ashore at own expense.|
|Insurance:||We recommend that you take out insurance with a reputable insurer at the time of booking.|
|Terms & Conditions:||Can be viewed here – T&C.|
|Note:||Only one discount / offer per booking.|
|Discount:||No Code Available|